Since launching Omeka.net last spring, nearly 1500 users are working on more than 1,000 new websites. Many of these sites are works-in-progress created by historians, librarians, archivists, enthusiasts, educators, and students.
Here are a few examples of what people are building and sharing in their Omeka.net sites.
- Robert & Monnoyer: French Botanical Artists of the 17th Century, created to complement and promote a spring 2011 exhibit of materials from the Dumbarton Oaks Rare Book Collection.
- Fire Files Digital Library, built as a personal project by a professional librarian.
- Eastern Oklahoma Tuberculosis Sanatorium, created by family members of former patients at EOTS.
- About Deseronto (Ontario), launched as a community history project managed by the Deseronto Archives
- Presidential Visits to Charlotte , created by graduate student and librarian as a digital component of a physical exhibit at the University of North Carolina-Charlotte J. Murrey Atkin Library.
Curious to know whether Omeka.net will serve the needs of your new project? Sign up for a free, basic account and start playing with the software.Notice: Theme without comments.php is deprecated since version 3.0.0 with no alternative available. Please include a comments.php template in your theme. in /websites/omekanet/home/www/info/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3878