From the earliest stages of testing Omeka.net, many of you asked for a way to track web traffic to your websites. Now, you can with the new Google Analytics plugin.

We are rolling out the plugin to all plans in stages, with our Alpha users getting first dibs. Visitors stats will be managed through a Google Analytics account, so if you do not already have one you might want to sign up now.

Also in response to your feedback, we made it possible to embed multimedia object‘s into item, exhibit, and simple pages. This means that you can now embed You Tube and Vimeo videos, Dipity timelines, and Slideshare presentations. This feature is available now for all Omeka.net sites.

We cannot always incorporate your wishes into the application, but we do listen to your requests and appreciate hearing from our users.

6 responses to “Track Visitors and Embed Web Objects”

1. Lily says:

Hi Omeka.net,

We are just about to announce our new exhibit site (very exciting!!) and I was hoping to have the Google Analytics installed to track site traffic. Could you give me an idea of when we may get that plugin in our system?

Many thanks,
    Lily

2. Sheila Brennan says:

It should be available now. Check your plugin directory. Good luck with your site launch and let us know when it is public.

3. Crystal Anderson says:

Hi Omeka people!

I am new to Omeka, and am playing with the free account to make sure that Omeka will meet my digital collection needs. So far it’s great!

I’ve been trying to embed a YouTube video into an item, with no success. 🙁 I’ve used the old embed code, and nothing appears. Can you help?

Thanks!

4. Sheila Brennan says:

You can embed using

5. Crystal Anderson says:

Sheila! You have left me in suspense: Embed using……….. I must know. 😀

6. Sheila Brennan says:

Sorry about that, I forgot to remove the tags from my sentence.

You can embed using iframe’s which may not be available in the old embed code.

If you have a follow-up question, please use our help email form: http://info.omeka.net/contact/