All Omeka sites have now been updated to the latest version of Omeka (2.5). This update comes with some exciting new features:
- Batch Edit All: Now when batch editing on a user can apply edits to entire search result’s worth of items, even if the results span over several pages
- New Item Advanced Search Options: Search users have
- AND/OR support for combining multiple searches
- “starts with” and “ends with” search types
- “matches” regular expression search type
- [No Collection] is now an option for finding items that do not have a collection
- Square Thumbnails: Admins can now select whether themes use square or “normal” thumbnails by default in Appearance Settings, without editing the theme files
- Warnings: Users are alerted when navigating away from pages with unsaved changes
Additionally, several plugins have been updated to their latest versions, including Locale, Google Analytics, Docs Viewer, Exhibit Builder, OAI-PMH Repository, Reports, LC Suggest, Simple Vocab, HTML5 Media, Omeka API Import, PDF Text. All themes have also been updated.
Finally, we have added support for several new iframe embeds: Prezi, Holobuilder, StoryMapJS, Sketchfab, and Stanford’s IIIF.