Tags are keywords or phrases that describe a piece of data. They are non-hierarchical labels that classify your content so that it is easily found.
To manage your tags, sign into your Omeka.net admin panel for your site and select Tags from the left-hand navigation bar. This displays all the tags associated with items in your archive. You may edit tags, delete tags, view items associated with individual tags, and sort tags.
Each tag used on your site appears as a unit which gives you 1) the number of items with that tag, 2) the name of the tag, and the 3) option to delete the tag.
View Tagged Items
To view items associated with an individual tag, click on the number to the left of the name of your tag. A browse page opens displaying only items tagged with the tag you clicked.
Edit a Tag
Editing a tag allows you to rename a tag. Tags edited in the admin panel change on all items across the site wherever they appear.
- Click on the name of the tag you wish to edit.
- Enter the changes you would like to make in the field.
- Hit Enter and your tag is saved with its new name.
Delete a Tag
Deleting a tag removes all occurrences of that tag across all items.
- Choose the tag you wish to delete from the select menu
- Select the X to the right of the tag.
- A window opens with the question, “Are you sure?” Click Delete, and that tag is permanently deleted across your Omeka items. (If you change your mind, close the query window by clicking on the X in the upper right hand corner.)
The menu above your tags display allows you to sort all of your tags. The browse tags panel displays all the tags associated with items in your archive, weighted by frequency used. You may sort and view all your tags by most popular, least popular, alphabetically, or by tags most recently added to items.