Publish a digital essay, share primary source collections, and collaborate with others in the creation of digital scholarship.
- Sign up for an account. Choose a domain name that reflects the topic of your research, so that others interested in this topic can better find you on the web.
- Choose a plan that suits your needs, by reviewing available plugins, storage options, and number of sites. Or try a basic free plan initially and upgrade later.
- Choose and configure a design theme. Add a header image, and think about ways to customize the navigation or display of Dublin Core fields (all can be edited later) for item record pages.
- Upload photos and digitized documents to build the website’s “archive.”
- Tag items to create connections among sources, which allows site visitors to engage with themes in your work.
- Map your collections using the Geolocation plugin, so site users may browse them on a map.
- Write a digital essay that combines the uploaded sources with original narrative using the Exhibit Builder or by creating a Simple Page.
- Collect sources via the web by installing and configuring the Contribution plugin to collect documents, images, videos, audio, and other types of files.
- Collaborate with colleagues on building and managing the website by inviting them to become administrative users.