Omeka.net is an open-source project committed to providing the best web publishing tool for collections available anywhere. Our philosophy is that what you put into Omeka.net is yours, and one of our founding principles is to make it as easy as possible to use your collections where and when you want them, and to share them how you like—or to choose not to share them at all.
We are a nonprofit organization and have no financial interest in your private information. We fund further development by selling storage plans and other software services, not by mining your data. Omeka.net is a cloud service that requires you to supply us with some information for participation. Participation in these services is up to you and can be adjusted at any time in your account settings.
We may be legally required to disclose collected data to law enforcement or government agencies in some situations.
Data We Collect
- We collect the information you voluntarily provide when you register and use Omeka.net, such as your name, your username, and email address.
- We collect and store user generated content and files for the purpose of website creation.
- We log visits to our website, including IP address and browser, in order to prevent abuse and diagnose technical issues. We retain these access logs for 90 days.
Omeka.net Plan Purchases
We send two pieces of personal data to our payment processor at the time of purchase:
- your Omeka.net username, in order to associate your payment with your Omeka.net account
- your email address, so that the payment processor can send you a payment receipt
Omeka.net does not collect or store your credit card, banking, or other payment information. When you enter your full name, billing address, and account numbers to complete a Omeka.net purchase, this information passes directly to our payment processor, and it never touches Omeka.net servers.
You may choose to request direct Omeka.net support through our contact form. We collect your name, your email address, your Omeka.net site, your Omeka.net username, and and any other information you provide, and we may store your messages indefinitely to provide context for any future support requests you make.
Third-Party Services Used
- All Omeka.net data is stored in the U.S. in Amazon Web Services.
- Credit card processing for storage subscriptions is provided by Stripe.
- PayPal is used for purchases when buyers are unable to use Stripe.
Security of Stored Data
All data uploaded to Omeka.net is encrypted in transit with current best practices and stored within the Amazon cloud, where access is tightly restricted to the few people who need access to maintain the service. All data is currently stored in the us-east-1 AWS region in Virginia.
Deleting Your Omeka.net Account
You may delete your Omeka.net account to remove information you voluntarily provided when you registered to use Omeka.net services. To delete your account please send us a request at http://info.omeka.net/contact/.
Rights of EU Citizens Under GDPR
Citizens of the EU may exercise their rights under the General Data Protection Regulation, such as the rights of access and erasure, by contacting us with their request. We recommend contacting us at http://info.omeka.net/contact/.
Policies for Individuals Under the Age of 13
We are committed to protecting the online privacy of children. We do not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. Nor is any part of our Site directed to children under the age of 13.